Priyantha Dharmapriya Rankothgedera
Demand Forecast Analyst, Tel : 966 1 4700005
Corporate Planning Dept., Fax : 966 1 4701555
Almarai Company Limited, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Riyadh 11492, K.S.A.
To seek a challenging position as a finance professional in a leading organisation
1. Financial and Management Accounting in major companies
2. Implementation of Business Policies & Procedures
3. Implementation of new Accounting and Related Software
4. Experience in shipping Accounting
5. Expertise in Route Sales, Distribution systems and Logistics functions.
6. Effective use of resources and efficient monitoring.
7. Ability to work under pressure with out supervision.
8. Honesty, integrity in all business activities
9. Excellent customer relations
10. Team work.
Possess 16 years experience in Manufacturing, Distribution and Service environments in the fields of
Accounting and Finance management, Office administration and Logistics functions.
1. Member of the Institute of Financial Accountants - UK (IFA).
2. Qualified as a Licentiate of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Sri Lanka (LICA).
3. Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka. - (MAAT)
4. Obtained a Diploma on Business Management/ Administration (with a merit award) from Cambridge Tutorial College, Britain.
5. Successfully completed following certificate courses in computer studies.
(a) Certificate course in Data entry and Data tabulation - in 1986.
(b) Certificate course in Dbase III plus programing - in 1988.
(c) Certificate course in System Analysis and Design - in 1990.
(d) Excel 7.0 Windows 95 - in 1997.
6. Successfully completed following courses at IBM - Sri Lanka branch.
(a) Introduction to System 36.
(b) Introduction to RPG II.
(c) Standards and Documentation (Mid - Range Systems)
7. Successfully completed Adaytum Planning training course in June 99.
CAREER DETAILS ________________________________________________________________________
Almarai company limited - K.S. A.(The world’s largest vertically integrated dairy company)
Depot Accountant in Sales & Marketing Division in South west region - 1993 / 1994.
Regional Logistic supervisor of South west region - 1994 / 1995.
Accountant in Operations division - 1997 / 1998
Demand Forecast Analyst in Corporate Finance Division - Since 1998
Kelani Paper Converters Ltd. - Sri Lanka (Business engaged in manufacturing of corrugated cartons) Management Accountant - 1995 to 1997
John Keells Group of companies. - Sri Lanka. - 1986 to 1993
a. Mackinnon Makenzie & Co. of Ceylon Ltd.
The company recruits Professionals as well as skilled manpower for employment overseas.
b. Mackinnon & Keells Financial Services Ltd.
The company which is engaged in Margin Trading, Leasing, and Managing Real estate.
c. Mack International Freight Ltd.
The company engaged in Sea and Air freight and also serves as the general sales agent for DHL
d. Mackinnon Mackenzie & Co.(Shipping) Ltd.
The company which serves as an agent for P& O, CSAV, CCNI
Expolanka Group of companies - Sri Lanka. - 1985 to 1986
Group engaged in Exporting , Importing , Freight forwarding, and cargo handling for Saudi Arabian Airlines.
J.B.Textiles Industries Ltd. - Sri Lanka. - 1984 to 1985
Company engaged in Manufacturing of textiles.
EXPERIENCE POSSESS IN (AS A LOGISTIC SUPERVISER) ____________________________
1. Efficient supervision of depots to ensure that the company policies and procedures are implemented
and monitored to include areas of Depot hygiene and cleanliness, Health and safety, Security, Cold chain management and Quality
2. Co-ordinating and processing Orders/ Allocations and from/ to Plant/depots in the region. Ensuring the right product arrives at the right time in the right depot.
3. Monitoring and controlling of wastage in the region and assuring the proper classification and disposal of product wastage .
5.Spot checking depot stock and verifying the accuracy and validity of weekly/ monthly stock count carried out by the depot accounts and stock controllers.
6.Rotation of stocks among the depots to ensure that there is no over/ under stocking of products.
7. Following up allocation amendments with the customer service department.
8. Supervision focusing on procedures and systems to ensure that the cold chain is maintained.
9. Liaise with Regional executives in the depot operations and activities.
10. Assist Regional fleet manager to ensure optimum efficiency and productivity of sales vans.
11. Purchasing of right item to receive value for money at all times.
1. FINANCE (CASH AND FUNDS)
a) Maintaining Ledgers , prime entry books, bank and cash reconciliation cash / funds flow statements.
b) Short term investment of surplus funds (with in the group or on call deposits) in order to maximise interest earnings.
d) Supervision on petty cash disbursements, cash collections and bank lodgements.
2. BOOK KEEPING AND FINAL ACCOUNTS
Maintaining of ledgers, scrutinising of Trial balance , preparation of Final accounts.
3. AUDIT PROCEDURES
a) Assisting in Annual audit procedures (Liaise with External auditors) Preparation of Audit package.
b) Carrying out Internal audit checks as required by the management.
4. PURCHASE AND SALES
Requisitioning, Ordering and Invoicing, Maintaining of control ledgers and Registers Preparation of age analysis, Following up Debtors & Temporary credits, Monitoring payments to creditors
5. LABOUR (SALARIES AND WAGES)
Preparation of monthly payroll , E.P.F., E.T.F. & P.A.Y.E. Tax records and over time computations.
Allocation and apportionment of wages and salaries.
6. STOCK CONTROL
Physical verification of stocks. Maintenance of stores ledgers. Review of stock verification.
Maintenance of source and usage report.
7. FIXED ASSETS
Physical verification of fixed assets, Maintenance of Fixed assets register.
a) Preparation of Budget, Forecast and Long term strategic plans.
b) Submitting of reports on performance as required by the management.
c) Interpretation of reports including accounts, Variance analysis.
d) Preparation of monthly accounting package.
9.Assist the Finance manager (Accounting manager or Regional accountant)
in implementation and development of Guide lines, Procedures, Standards, Policies and Directives issued by the Institutions or the Management.
1. Manage the forecasting process, maintaining the Procast and generate the business’ demand forecast.
2. Manage the intelligence gathering process.
3. Fuse the base forecast with the intelligence.
4. Build a database of critical events with Procast.
5. Provide base data for Budget process.
6. Assist the administrative aspects of forecast release and sign off process.
7. Daily monitoring of all key milk balance factors and selling of milk.
PERSONAL DETAILS _______________________________________________________________
Nationality : Sri Lankan Marital Status : Married
Address : 39/3 A, Bodhirukkarama Road, Date of birth : 01.04.1963
Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
Telephone : 00941 917865